Whitchurch Church of England Infant and Nursery School
“Learning as we grow. Growing as we learn.”
At Whitchurch Church of England Infant and Nursery School, our view is that education is for life.
To create an environment in which all will feel valued and secure and develop a love of learning. Every child is encouraged to care for, respect and appreciate others, developing positive relationships as they take their first steps towards becoming responsible, thoughtful and confident adults of the future.
As a ‘Church of England’ school, we believe it is important to develop core values by which to live and which help to develop a moral and spiritual awareness. We seek to explore the meanings of the core values and their significance through weekly acts of worship. The gifts of ‘Respect, Kindness, Honesty, Trust, Peace and Love’ are the values we want our children to leave with.
- Offer a safe and secure environment where all children are encouraged to be positive about their learning, aspire to realise their full ability and take pride in their achievements.
- Promote and provide inclusive “can do” practice which emphasises security, stability and success for all our children.
- Help children develop lively, enquiring minds by providing a stimulating, creative and challenging curriculum in which learning is enjoyable and fun.
- Motivate and engage children through inspirational teaching which provides the children with the skills, knowledge, confidence and self-esteem that will enable them to become enthusiastic lifelong learners.
- Encourage children to care for themselves, each other, their school and the environment in which they live.
- Nurture, in all children, a respect for the spiritual, moral and cultural values of races, religions and ways of life different to their own.
- Value and encourage the active involvement of parents, carers and the community in supporting the education of our children.
- Continuously strive to improve as a learning community valuing the ideas and contributions of all.
Our vision, values and aims grew out of a series of participatory workshops held with our school community.